1. Alabama---We the wanted to get the Vegas Oddsmakers involved here. Being that Bama is a 51 point favorite over Citadel, we wanted to know the pointspread if Bama was playing the NFL's Buffalo Bills. He made the spread Buffalo -28.5. The had back to back shutouts of top 25 teams in the first time in their history.
2. Clemson---Clemson couldn't be accused of looking ahead to playing Duke this week. But they didn't exactly leave it all on the field against Boston College. QB Lawrence looked great and performed to a 137.7 rating with 295 yds and 1 TD.
3. Notre Dame---Like everybody before them this year, the Irish took care of downtrodden Florida St 42-13. Their calendar game is this Sunday in Yankee Stadium. They play Syracuse (8-2) and their may be as many Notre Dame fans as those from New York State. Notre Dame is a 10.5 point favorite and put their 10-0 undefeated record, their Playoff hopes and fans dreams all on the line. Should be an interesting game since Syracuse has improved so much.
4. Michigan---Michigan had their warm up last week as they disposed of Rutgers 42-7. They get another one this week against Indiana with their look ahead game the following week against Ohio St. Let's hope they stay focused for a few more weeks. Their defense finally has an offense to be proud.
5. Oklahoma---They survived Bedlam last week when rival Oklahoma State's two point play attempt failed with .02 seconds remaining. Kudos for OSU going for two on the road trying to win!! Now this week, the Sooners are not set as emotionally as needed but luckily they play Kansas. Defensive issue won't be tested for OU. That problem get postponed for the following week at West Virginia.
6. Georgia---It was ho-hum last week as the Bulldogs beat Auburn 27-10. That's momentum calling them after that inspired road victory at Kentucky and then at home to beat up some Tigers. They play ( are you kidding) UMass as a 41.5 point favorite this week Hopefully this is not a look ahead game for Georgia Tech the following week.
7. LSU--The Tigers had a nice comeback week as after getting blanked by Bama, they went to play Arkansas and defeated them 24-17. Nothing exciting but then again, nobody accused them of being an offensive juggernaut. This week it's RICE and beans week and they are listed as a 42 point favorite against the Owls.
8. Washington St---WOW, winning on the road at a mile high venue was impressive as the Cougars defeated Colorado 31-7. Gardner Minshew is so exciting. His strength and courage cam from this being his fourth college he's been at just trying to get to the starting QB position he knew he deserved. They host a 5-5 Arizona that gets hyped in preseason and then hits the skids.
9. West Virginia---The Mountaineers travel to Oklahoma St and enter this game as a 4.5 road favorite. Playing the Cowboys this week after OSU failed short missing a two-point conversion may boost West Virginia. Facing WV quarterback Will Greer and his trio of receivers may be to the detriment of the Cowboys backfield by the second half.
10. UCF--Undefeated for 22 games now, they enter my Top 10. They might be tested this week by Cincinnati (9-1) but are playing at home. They had no trouble putting away Navy last week. A win today will capture the AAC Championship. Cincinnati just moved into the top 25 nationally at No. 25. Trivia: The Knight have scored a minimum of 30 points in every game throughout this 22 game winning streak. Can that record ever be surpassed?