WAYNE ALLYN ROOT NFL TOP 10
1. New Orleans---The Saints went on the road and were shocked by halftime. Then they went on a 25-0 run to lock up the top spot. Now onward to Carolina for second road game in a row and -7.
2. Kansas City---They scored with 0:53 left to tie with the Ravens and then won it in OT at home. This week they get to basically play for the AFC division against the Chargers. Everything is on this game for both teams. Key injuries on both side.
3. LA Rams---The Rams high powered offense was crushed in Chicago. Either the cold got them or a great defense did. Either way, scoring 6 points will not win so Goff better get good really quick. The rest of the team seems OK.
4. Dallas---Brett Maher was the savior against the division rival Eagles with the only points (9) midway thru the third quarter. But field goals will win season games but not playoff games. Cooper was fantastic with 217 yrds and 3 TDs. Zek had his 113 and Dak was awesome with 455 total yards. This may be your prototypical playoff team. Coaching is always scary and they may have a defensive question when Sean Lee returns.
5. New England---Nothing like a 1/10,000 last second plays to lose a game to awake a sleeping giant three games before the playoffs. Every Patriot player and head coach will never let anyone do to them like Miami did. Belichick has to be pissed at himself and watch out league now. The Steelers are up this week and are desperate.
6. Chicago---The Bears were incredible against the Rams with that win. They are getting there but Trubisky with 110 passing yards, 3 INT's and a 33.3 QBR is very problematic. Can we give him a pass because of an injury and two weeks off? Green Bay is up so we shall see.
7. LA Chargers---Melvin Gordon is needed for Thursday night. Not sure at this time his status. Game time will be cold and raining so check updated weather. The Chargers had no problems last week defeating the Bengals. How often has a field goal kicker for the Chargers got the game ball? Michael Badgley has made 14 of 15 since joining the team last month. About time!!
8. Seattle---Pete Carrol may be the Coach of the Year as things are looking bright for making the playoffs after beating Minnesota 21-7 in another controversial game involving the refs. (The Vikings should be on the 14 with a first down trailing 6-0). Now it's off the San Francisco as a -7 road favorite. Russell Wilson is absolutely a great quarterback and leader.
9. Houston---The way to defeat the Texans is to throw the ball over forty times and take the Texans defensive line out of the mix. Deshaun Watson is sometimes good and sometimes not. But that seems to be true about their all pro defense. And Lamar Miller. And DeAndre Hopkins.
Now it's off to New York to play the Jets who are getting better.
10. Indianapolis---Another very good game for Andrew Luck with 400 yards and two TDs. T Y Hilton shoulder injury caused him to miss all practices last week and then he shows up for 199 yards. The key was their D stopping Lamar Miller for 33 yards. That's how you win on the road. Huge game at home against Dallas.
THEY WANT YOU TOP 10 RANKING
Pittsburgh---Three losses in a row. Now it's desperation vs resignation time for them against New England this week at home.
Baltimore--The Ravens gave it all in Kansas City but the OT loss hurts badly. They're home against the Bucs this week and their only race is against Pittsburgh for the AFC North crown.
Miami---The most incredible finish ever and against the Patriots. Remember this next year that Miami is 6-1 s/u against them at home the last seven years.They better get refocused in Minn.
Tennessee---The Titans crushed and got to rest after last Thursday's beat down on the Jags. Now it's home against a bad Redskin team.
Minnesota---They lost vs Seattle but winning their next 2 of 3 will probably get them in the playoffs. But the Vikings have to get their money's worth from Kirk Cousins or else Zimmer is done.